After three years of being a blogger, it suddenly struck me the other day that I’ve never actually done an official post introducing myself to my readers. Isn’t that crazy? As such, it’s beyond time to do it!
First, before I get to any life stories, I want to say thank you for taking the time to read my blog, even if this is your first visit. Three years ago when I started this blog to offer advice, I never imagined I would have such lovely readers as I do today. The support I’ve felt from the blogging community the last few months has been incredible and has really made me realize that I can do this. And part of my dream is to help others realize they can succeed at blogging too.
How I Started Blogging
I started Stumbly three years ago for a class; we were required to keep up the blog one whole semester. While I didn’t care for the class in the end, I found that I loved writing a blog post every week and sharing them with people! Even though I graduated with a degree in journalism, I knew almost right away that I wasn’t going to be a journalist working at a newspaper. Instead, I loved blogging, making videos, reading, designing graphics, and web analytics. It was the perfect storm of talents for a social media manager by day, and a blogger by night. I took a year break from Stumbly while I was in grad school, but for the last few months, I’ve been ramping things back up!
My Life Right Now (in short)
My dream is to one day be a creative consultant for people who need a website built for them or need video, graphics, or written copy. Right now, I run this blog as my passion project while I work full-time as a convergence media manager for an SEC university. I’m a homegrown Missouri gal who grew up around farms and small towns. As such, I have a healthy appreciation for wide open spaces and the simple things in life, like the crunch of the first sweet corn of summer.
I live in a quaint townhome with my sassy siamese-tabby mix, Mooney, and my boyfriend Luke. When we’re not working or blogging, we like to go biking, try new food downtown, and to trivia. (We really suck at trivia, btw, but we try.) I love being close to family and friends in Missouri, but I also love to travel. In fact, in just a few weeks I’m flying off to Oahu, Hawaii! Can’t wait for the tropics and the beach! (FYI, keep an eye on my Insta for gorgeous pics!)
7 Fun Facts!
- I have citizenship in Canada, thanks to my dad, who is from Toronto.
- Luke and I’s favorite junky show to watch is Alaska State Troopers. It’s just so fascinating for some reason!
- We really want to get a dog next year. We’re split between getting a bulldog and just picking a random sweet pup from the shelter! (I’m leaning toward shelter)
- When I was a kid, a salad would make me gag. I just couldn’t eat it without feeling like I was going to be sick. Now, I love salads and eat one almost every other day.
- One of my biggest pet peeves is people talking loudly on the phone in public.
- My first time in France, I got to sing in one of the rooms at Mont St. Michel. It was magical and is one of my best memories.
- A few years back, I jumped off a bridge in Canada into the water below. It’s a bit of a tradition for young people in the area and the drop is about 30 feet. Even though I did it right and there were people with me for safety, I nearly blew out my eardrum in one ear and it stung badly for nearly 24 hours. No more badassery for me. But I love being able to say I’ve literally jumped off a bridge before.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me! I’d love to hear more about you, my readers, in the comments below. What’s a fun fact about you?